Grass seeds Centaur Drought tolerant mix Agro-Largo 25 kg
|HUF 51,901 * (nettó: HUF 40,867)|
Agro-Largo Centaur drought tolerant grass seed mix
Kentaur is Agro-Largo's drought tolerant grass seed mix. The varieties in this blend are less water-intensive and can survive the dry season with less maintenance.
Where is Agro-Largo Kentaur grass seed recommended?
Centaur grass seed is a general purpose blend that can be used in almost any environment. However, it can be a particularly good choice for playgrounds, parks, roadside embankments, but it can also be a perfect choice for home gardens where you don't want to pay much attention to maintenance.
What are the blends in the Centaur grass seed mix?
Reed canarygrass (Festuca arundinacea) 50%
English perennial (Lolium perenne) 35%
Red canarygrass (Festuca rubra) 15%
Grass seed sowing starter, or help with sowing
When can grass seed be sown ?
It is best to start sowing grass seeds in spring and autumn. The former from March to June, the latter from August to October.
Does it matter at what temperature I sow the grass seed?
Yes, it does. It is not advisable to start sowing below a daytime temperature of around 10C.
In what order should I prepare the soil for sowing?
- The soil in the area to be sown with grass seed should be thoroughly loosened and roots and stones removed.
- If necessary, chemical weeding should be carried out.
- It is also worth improving the soil quality with organic fertiliser.
- The soil should again be well turned and then levelled.
Seed sowing phase
- The seed mixture should be well mixed before sowing.
- The seed should then be sown in two parts, using a seed drill or evenly spread by hand. In the second pass, at right angles to the direction of the first sowing
- The seedbed should be delimited by a furrow a few centimetres wide, where sowing should be more frequent.
What to do after sowing
- The seed should be spread evenly and thoroughly with a rake.
- It should then be rolled so that the wind cannot damage the seed.
- The final step is to water generously, but make sure that this is only done when it is raining, otherwise the grass seeds may be washed together and unsightly islands of soil may form on your fresh lawn.
- +1 thing to do is to keep the soil moist at all times during germination.
First mowing of the fresh lawn
The first time you mow your lawn is when it has reached a height of 10-12 cm. The first mowing height should be 6-7 cm. The following mowings can be mowed lower.
Maintaining your lawn
If you want to keep your lawn nice, green and lush, you should use lawn fertiliser. We recommend a nitrogen-rich fertiliser in spring, a balanced or potassium-rich fertiliser in the summer when it is hot, and a potassium-rich fertiliser in the autumn.
Unfortunately, if you have a nice green lawn, sooner or later weeds will inevitably appear. It may be worth treating these with a selective weedkiller of some kind, for a quick and adequate effect. Their use is not recommended on fresh lawns. For safe use, it is best to wait until your lawn is established, which in practice is about 6 months.
|Basic sales unit:||db|
0 reviews, total: 0
0 reviews, total: 0